Frequently Asked Questions
What Is An Estate Sale?
Some of the most common reasons for an estate sale is the downsizing of a home, moving out of town or the death of the property owner, An estate sale may also occur because the property owner will be moving or has moved into a situation where he will be unable to keep his property—for example, a move to an assisted living facility, a retirement community, a rest home, or other living quarters.
How Much Do You Charge For Your Service?
Our commission rates are between 20%-40%., depending on the value of the estate. The percentage includes everything associated with organizing your sale, as well as all internet advertising; media costs, professional signage in the surrounding area, promoting your sale on dozens of social media sites,
researching your items, sales staff, cashier and independent appraisal fees. when necessary.We do not require any upfront fees nor do we have any hidden charges.
What Should I Throw Away & What Should I Keep?
How Soon Can You Do My Sale?
How Do You Price My Items?
How Do You Attract Consumers To My Sale?
When Do You Pay Me?
We pay you 15 days after the auction, as soon as all payments have cleared or shipping has been received.
Do I Need To Book My Estate Sale?
Yes, absolutely! We get booked-up usually 30-60 days, so a booking as soon as you can is essential!
Is Anyone Welcome To Attend Your Auctions?
Of course! You are welcome to attend any of our auctions to get a feel for how they are conducted. Watch and listen, then move on to bidding if that makes you comfortable. Our auctioneers will spend some time addressing commonly asked questions and explaining how the auction is going to work. Always remember to ask questions at our auctions if you don’t understand something. Our auctioneers and staff want people to continue to attend auctions, so we do all we can to encourage repeat business!
When you arrive at one of our auctions:
- Register for a bidder number.
- Read the terms printed on or displayed on posters, brochures or handouts.
- Ask questions if you don’t understand a policy.
- At our auctions, inspect the merchandise you’re interested in, as most is auctioned on an “as is, where is” basis. This means it is not guaranteed. When you buy an item, you become responsible for it.
- Keep in mind that you’ll pay for the items you purchase before you leave the auction, even if you aren’t taking everything with you that day.
What Payment Methods Do You Accept?
We accept cash, check (with valid ID), MasterCard, Visa, Amex and Discover for your convenience.
Do You Ship?
While B Langston Auctioneers does not provide packing and shipping services, we do have a list of recommended third party shippers to assist you in shipping to and from. Clients can also coordinate pick ups at our warehouse by calling (904) 642-1003
We require a written authorization from the client to release property to any third party.
Recommended Shipping Companies:
NAVIS Pack & Ship:
- Address: 4811 Bowden Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32216
- Phone #: (904) 880-7676
The UPS Store:
- Address: 4446 Hendricks Ave Ste 1A, Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Phone#: (904) 739-9490
- Address: 1269 Pryor Rd SW, Atlanta, GA 30315
- Phone#: (855) 226-6871
- Address: 312 W 35th Ave, Griffith, IN 46319
- Phone#: (843) 557-6633
How Do Your Real Estate Services Work?
- Consultation – A quick initial consultation with a member of our team to discuss the details of your home, to understand which selling option is best suited for your unique situation.
- We make an offer – When putting together your listing or cash offer, we take into account all of the information you have provided, your asking price, and the fair market value of your home. Our team will walk you through the offer, or guide you through the listing, providing an opportunity to answer any questions you might have.
- Condition verification – We will set an appointment to view the house at a time that is convenient for you. Don’t worry if the house needs repairs. We buy houses in “as-is” condition. This means you take what you want, move out on the date of your choice and let us worry about the rest! You will not have to worry about the legal details or closing constituents. We will handle everything up to handing you your payment and keep you informed every step of the way.
How Long Does It Take To Close?
We can close on houses in as little as 7 days.
Do Your Services Match Area Realtors?
No, we EXCEED the services and prices paid by other area realtors…GUARANTEED!
Don’t believe us? We’re just a phone call away: (904) 642-1003
How Is The Agreed Upon Closing Price Paid?
All payments are made directly to the homeowner with a cashiers check.
Our Retail Shop
When Is Your Retail Shop Open?
Our retail location is open Thurs-Sat from 10AM-6PM
How Often Do You Change Your Inventory?
Daily! If you were to visit our store numerous times a week…you would constantly find new items for sale!
LET B. LANGSTONS HANDLE EVERYTHING…EACH STEP OF THE WAY.
CALL US AT (904) 642-1003 OR FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU TO DISCUSS ALL THE OPTIONS WE HAVE TO OFFER.
904.642.1003 | firstname.lastname@example.org